I have no idea what I would do with loose diamonds. Probably give it to a dealer to make a beautiful bracelet for me to use as a heirloom. What would you do with loose diamonds?
Tips On Purchasing Loose Diamonds
Diamond experts suggest than when designing a customized engagement ring for your bride to be, purchase a loose diamond and then select your setting separately. Often times, diamond stones that are already matched with a setting may make it difficult to tell exactly what you are getting.
- Determine your budget. This will make the selection process much easier as you can ask to only see gems that are priced within your range. Knowing how much you have to spend will also save you time from looking at items that are priced outside your budget.
- Consider the quality of the ring you are choosing. Keep in mind that if you want a larger sized diamond, then the cut and clarity may decrease in quality; however, if you want a fine quality gem, then the carat size will be smaller to fit your budget. Make sure that you look for the four c’s, which are cut, clarity, color, and carat. The shape of the diamond is critical as well. Depending on your fiancées hand size, finger length, and personal taste, you can find the perfect shape that will complement her hand.
- Some men prefer to propose using only loose diamonds. If your girlfriend wants to select her own wedding band, then you may want to pop the big question with the diamond itself. You won’t lose the element of surprise, and she’ll be able to design her own ring. That will allow her to shop for a setting and band that she loves. After all, she will be wearing it for the rest of her life.
- Reliable websites have made it possible to purchase quality diamond stones online. From the convenience of your home, you can search for the diamond that meets all of your gemstone criteria. Shopping online also gives you a vast amount of stones to choose from, keeping the prices competitive.
- If you buy in a jewelry store, make sure that you are able to see it under a loupe. A good salesperson will allow you to view the diamond close up and talk you through the color and inclusions.
Article courtesy of ShaneCo.com
No compensation for sharing this article.
Colette is a busy mom of 2 kids focusing solely on being a mom. She hails from the Caribbean and now balances the full life of being a SAHM and dabbling in odd jobs to help around the home. She enjoys sharing her memories, hopes, food, travel, entertainment, and product experiences on her blog. Please read my disclosure