I'm quite surprised that I'm not more rigid in my daily life when it comes to cleaning and ensuring germs stay at bay, in my family environment.
While growing up, everything around me was a disgusting mess, and I was sickened to even have to brush against walls, walk on the floors, have anyone share my things, or even have to borrow from anyone. The orphanage rooms and bathrooms and every room was filthy. Trust me, most of you will not see such filth. Lysol's Healthing would have been very welcomed there!
I have always tried to keep myself, and surroundings clean. I knew once I was an adult, I'd work hard and have my own home and it would be spic and span and beautifully decorated.
I have children and every one knows the fun stuff that comes with these little loves. Germs that you'd rather not welcome in your home. I can say that I'm honestly okay with their learning messes and handle them pretty well...MOST of the time! However at other times I'm doing the freak out!
A few extra steps I take to keep our family healthy are:
The moment my kids come home from school, they know to head to the bathroom and wash their hands. And not just wet it and run out, but getting all soaped up and scrubbed!
They also have to change their clothing and hang them up on a hangar to air out. I prefer not having clothing that has been worn outside the home to be worn inside on our beds, furniture and other personal space.
Shoes has to be stored by the door and not worn inside our home. This helps with keeping germs and bacteria at bay.
Yes drinking enough water does help your body flush toxins and keep your cells and organs in shape to protect your health! So my kids have to drink water most times. No exceptions.
Ensuring that our bodies are getting a good intake of healthy foods is essential to good health. So I try to ensure my family have healthy home-cooked meals as often as I can during the week.
One of the essentials of keeping our bodies in great condition and therefore keeping ourselves healthy. So if it's even to jump rope a few times in the day, we are doing it baby! However I prefer to dance :)
We discuss why it's important to make healthy choices in our daily lives to protect our health and others. I do agree that it's not just about a clean house, but a healthy way of living and that is what I'm striving for every day.
I'm always disinfecting surfaces, toys etc, and lately I've discovered the Lysol Neutra Air and I love it! It's hard for me to have anything sprayed or burned into my air space because of my allergies, but the Lysol Neutra Air is divine! And a little goes a long way!
I also use the Lysol disinfecting kitchen cleaner and the wipes.
Which Of These Healthing Tips Are You Already Using?LYSOL Healthing Tips
- Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you - take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL® products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
- Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! Both are important components of the Healthing process and LYSOL® has products that can help with all related tasks. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
- Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies.
- Remember to dust around wall art, photographs and woodwork.
- Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you’re killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
- Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
- Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
- Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Join The Movement Of Healthing In Your CommunitiesLYSOL and television personality Giuliana Rancic have partnered together to visit YMCAs in select markets across the country to demonstrate Healthing in action. At each YMCA location, LYSOL will provide attendees with hands-on education about the products and steps required to practice improved hygiene habits in their own home, while making the idea fun and relatable to kids.
LYSOL will also provide educational information and disinfecting products to the local YMCAs, along with the donation of a one-year membership to a deserving family.
You can interact and also get more information on their Facebook page.
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.”
Colette is a busy mom of 2 kids focusing solely on being a mom. She hails from the Caribbean and now balances the full life of being a SAHM and dabbling in odd jobs to help around the home. She enjoys sharing her memories, hopes, food, travel, entertainment, and product experiences on her blog. Please read my disclosure