There are so many devastating diseases out there and one of the top ones affecting women and families is cancer.
WARNING: Nude photo below
To hear it is almost like a death sentence. My sister was told by her doctor that he'd like her to get more tests to rule out cancer. As an anxiety and panic attack ridden woman at the moment, her doctor should never have said that without having evidence of her having cancer or such symptoms. It was a first time visit to that doctor so I hope she will get the opinion of others and get the tests done just to free her mind.
I read this article today about this Australian woman who is sharing her raw journey with cancer to save even one life. So many are offended. Yet we embrace porn.
This is NOT porn. This is life. Pain. Recovery. Survival. CANCER!
If you want to learn more about the Under the Red Dress Project, click here.
Examine your breasts and body often:
1. Stand in front of a mirror with your arms relaxed at your sides. Look for changes in the breasts such as swelling, dimpling, or puckering of the skin
2. Clasp hands behind your head. Press hands forward and look for any changes in the shape or contour of the breasts
3. Continue checking as your press your hands firmly on your hips. Hunch your shoulders and lean forward slightly.
4. Gently squeeze each nipple and look for discharge
5. Raise one arm. Using one or more of the methods below, press firmly with your fingers and feel around the entire breast area for lumps or thickening
6. Repeat this step in the shower; it's often easier to find lumps when your skin is slick and soapy.
7. Repeat this step while lying on your back. Put the hand of the side you want to examine behind your head.
Flatten the breast by placing a folded towel underneath the same shoulder.
See chart below for different methods to use:
Colette is a busy mom of 2 kids focusing solely on being a mom. She hails from the Caribbean and now balances the full life of being a SAHM and dabbling in odd jobs to help around the home. She enjoys sharing her memories, hopes, food, travel, entertainment, and product experiences on her blog. Please read my disclosure